AVIC411.com

D3 Navigation Routing - Pretty Horrible, or not working

Hello all,

nice website.

Heres my problem:

the route the navigation is giving me is horrible. Ive selected shortest/ fastest. Mulitple routes/ single route. Ive checked to see the route profile (FYI: route preview, like mapquest in words), and all the choices it has given me are terrible.

Simple example if anyone is from NYC:

I was coming home from woodbury commons (store outlets). Ive been here a million times, i know how to get home. Very simply, u take I-87 south to go to NYC. Why then, would this thing want me to drive up north 1 exit ,exit 17, 22 miles away, to simply turn around and jump back on I-87 south? My antenna signal is strong, my voltage is 14v, my speed pulse is zero (so i beleive its not connected), but pioneer told me it should not effect the directions.

now just so everyone nows, the actual map is accurate. perfect location as to where i am, just doesnt know how to get anywhere? Pioneer said it might be the internal gyroscope, whatever the hell that is. they recommended i take it back, and have it replaced.

anyone else have other suggestions. :evil:

Your unit may not be fully calibrated yet, if you have only had it a short time, it takes a while to calibrate. Once its calibrated it should work better. Not having your speed pulse (VSS) hooked up may hinder the calibration also.