AVIC411.com

Hummer H2 VSS Diagram

• 2 weeks later...

Hey LV,

Mine was installed at Best Buy, and they did not hook up the VSS. I called them afterwards and they explained they normally don't hook it up! I just learned to live with it. I did some hunting and it appears the signal is under the hood so I didn't bother. I compared the actual MPH speed to the AVIC-D3 reported speed and it's within 1mph most of the time anyway.

They left off the illumination too! The excuse there was they have had trouble with other systems messing up the electronics. Whatever! I hooked that up myself by tapping into the wire in the shifter console there are 2 lights. When they come on, you are in "night mode". It works great and is pretty easy.

Sadly, my entire system was stolen like 2 weeks ago. I'm working with insurance to cover it, but it's alot of red tape... The next system will be protected by a custom alarm and video surveillance.

The easiest place to find the VSS is pin A4, green/white, behind the cluster.

I catch the ILL in the upper LT a-piller. Tap the wire that supplies voltage to the roof marker lamps. I place the ant's on the roof in that corner also. So its easy to run one more wire along w/ the two ant's.

You can also catch the ILL at the center console lights, but they work off the dimmer switch. Will work fine as long as you keep your dash lights bright.

Thanks to both of you. :D

Bullseye, I saw your before and after pictures. Sorry that there are such A$$holes in the world.

The VSS was Green/White at the 12 pin connector, in the 2007 it was the "H" location, not the "E". (both are green/white). My understanding is that it is the "E" location pre-2007.

I did tap into a "dimmer" illumination source (one of the 4 wheel drive differential locking lights), but connected to the dimmer system, the D3 illumination is REVERSE with the dimmer switch, and less than full in daylight.

I mounted the antennae under the dash, dead center and it works great. Of interest, when the antenae excess wire was drapped over the right HVAC vent, the reception was aweful, but draped over the left HVAC vent it works great. My NAV location is much better with the VSS hooked up than it was without.

I will be installing a BTB 200 next week, and will move the illumination and tap into the A-frame wiring for the rooftop running lights.

Thanks again for all of the helpful info!!