AVIC411.com

For some unknown reason my D3 dings. It doesn't happen all the time. I could be driving and listening to an mp3 cd, radio, dvd and all of a sudden without touching the screen it starts dinging. The same noise is heard when for instance you have your navi cd in the unit and you arrive at your destination except in my case I'm not even using the navi?! What do you guys think...?

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have XM. But the thing is driving me nuts! Tryed to reset it and still dings for no reason. It seems to start dinging when I arrive "close" to home. Home address is registered, so i reset the unit without registering home and still dings :-|

On a side note: No error screen/msg pops up when it starts dinging.

**this is making me want to sing "Would you like an apple pie with that... DING fries are done"**

Steve310...I'm a she, not a he :P LOL, thanks for the link ;)

Ok, so I've tried deleting all history to see what would happen, and of course she still dings at me. I could easily turn the sound off and my problem would be solved, but why the hell would I want to do that?!

My installer can't seem to figure it out. Pioneer themselves have no clue!

Who knows, maybe I have a defective unit?!