AVIC411.com

Metra XSVI-9003 / AVIC-D3 Bypass

I recently bought the Pioneer Avic-D3 from Circuit City. I got it with a free installation; I just have to by the additional parts. The install guys said that they did not have the Metra XSVI-9003 Wiring Harness and that they needed it for the install. I have a 2003 VW Jetta with a Monsoon Stereo. I ordered the part at another store.. when I get it, will I have to do anything to this for the Bypass to work? I already did the bypass to the wires in the box and I am going to instruct the installer to “Please ground the Parking Break and Mute Wireâ€. Thanks for taking the time out to help me.

Ed

no if they ground everything right and your mute wire doesnt come loose you should be fine.... sounds like ur confused on wut a wiring harness is.... all it does is plug into ur stock plug that would normally go into your radio.... the other end is the spliced to your radio/nav system.... you could hook up a system with out using a harness but that would void the warranty on ur car ( because u would cut into the factory wiring rather than plugging into it)... and im sure you nor circuit city wants to do that