AVIC411.com

What CPU does the Z1 use?

[quote name="Cirbirus"]Does anyone know what processor the Z1 uses? The only info I can find is: "High - Performance 32 - bit RISC CPU"

I need to know so I can try compiling an app for that processor to see if it will run on the Z1.[/quote]

From my other post [url]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=690[/url] : 32bit ARM proc. Isn't that enough? If not I will continue to dig. Perhaps even take it apart. I'm want to look for the USB port next but I don't want to remove the damn radio.......
[quote name="Cirbirus"]That's a good start.

I can compile for the ARM 72X, ARM92X, ARM102X, cores, Intel XScale, DragonBall i.MX, NeoMagic, NMS72XX, Samsung S3C24XX, and the TI OMAP processors using the given ARM library. Hopefully it's one of those.[/quote]

I thought ARM code was more generic than that like x86.
[quote name="mhyde71"]What's that about? Theres a way to have USB conncted to the Z1? I haven't installed mine yet, and if someone thinks they might know how to wire it up or where to find, i'd be more than happy to check it out!

Mhyde[/quote]

The OS supports USB and is designed to be used for OS updates. There are also references to USB within some of the files giving hope to the possibility a USB port is there somewhere. Hidden, but there. Bluetooth is also supported for file transfer.
[quote name="Cirbirus"]I need to know so I can try compiling an app for that processor to see if it will run on the Z1.[/quote]

Any progress with this yet? I have a project I am working on that could use someone who can do this sort of thing :) Keep me posted Im very interested to see how things work out!
[quote name="virtuapete"] [quote name="Cirbirus"]I need to know so I can try compiling an app for that processor to see if it will run on the Z1.[/quote]

Any progress with this yet? I have a project I am working on that could use someone who can do this sort of thing :) Keep me posted Im very interested to see how things work out![/quote]

I haven't pulled my unit back out of my car to look at the hardware possbilities yet.