AVIC411.com

What the FFFFFF????? Why Me????

Just installed my new Avic D3, did not get too far w/ it. Instaled the east coast disc fine. For some reason it showed I was in California Still had the navi ant unplugged so maybe that is why.

Anyways to my problem....

I turnned the unit back on and recieved the Please Insert Appropriate Disc message. Total BS!!! I have not even played w/ it yet. No security code set yet either.

Any ideas? I'm so pissed, I did search but only found more questions.... :!:

Put the correct disc in for your location, and make sure the gps antenna is plugged in. Let the unit sit for a few minutes powered up. It should get a gps lock, once it does it hould automatically adjust itself to your actual location.

Put the correct disc in for your location, and make sure the gps antenna is plugged in. Let the unit sit for a few minutes powered up. It should get a gps lock, once it does it hould automatically adjust itself to your actual location.

How many GPS/DGPS locks does it usually need before its ready for navigation?? Or will the D3 even recognize a DGPS signal?

Assuming there's nothing wrong with the avic or the gps antenna, the system should acquire a gps lock in about 2 minutes. This again is assuming there's nothing wrong with the stuff and the gps antenna has a clear view of the sky. There is approximately a 45 sec delay when the nav disc is inserted before the system acknowledges the disc and goes through the boot process. If all else fails, try disconnecting the avic for 5 minutes and then powering it back up. This is normally what how I start up one of these things after the initial installation is complete. Just to make sure everything is behaving correctly, and the customer won't have any issues should the vehicle's battery need to be disconnected.