AVIC411.com

Finishing a bypass

I'm going to have to go to an installer to put my D3 in. I Definitely want the bypass, but there are no installers around where I live that will do it. I've already changed the mute wire out. Is there anything else I could do without installing it and what would i have to tell the installer to do to complete the bypass.

Maybe if you go in with the mute wire moved already and had a ring connector on they would turn their back while you grounded it. Sort of like when you buy booze at the grocery store and they have to call someone over who is over 21. Perhaps if you physically grounded it they would be ok with it.

u just crimp it down onto the wire it strips the wire and makes a good connection with very little work.... u dnt have to use wire taps if they are hard for u to find or u dnt wanna spend a little extra.... just strip away a part of the ground wire (do not cut to make this easier) then connect the stripped mute wire and parking break wire to the spot and either you can solder it together to make a really good connection or just wrap them around the ground wire firmly and electrical tape it to keep it secure.... because your mute wire is relatively short try stripping the ground wire close to the unit so you wont pull out the mute wire from the harness ( trust me i speak from experience which is another reasor y i suggest wire taps) but once you do that u should be fine

I'm confused the what kind of male connector am I looking for. The parking break already looks like it has a wire tap on it and the mute wire has something on the end of it also.

sorry if I'm totally not getting this but as you can tell this isn't my thing.

P1010118.jpg There is the mute wire. I'm supposed to get a male connector of some kind and put onto it then put a wire tap onto that?

P1010120.jpg can i use this wire tap for the mute wire

P1010119.jpg how do i connect this to the mute wire and the ground wire

that first pic is a male connector.... male plugs go into female plugs... im sure you can figure out why they are called male and female plugs from there...when u use wire taps like the one i have in my pic the male connector plugs right into the wire tap.... look at the e brake wire tap... see that when it is open you see a metal loop where the wire would go.... when u close it the wire gets squeezed between the loop which strips the wire and creates a connection... you male connector then connects with that metal loop when it is plugged in... auto zone should have everything u need... you connect the mute wire and e brake wire by using wire taps one for each and using male connectors to connect them to the wire taps.... if u really need help ill take a pic of my install to make it easier for u to visualize