AVIC411.com

Z2 doesn't power up all of the time

I find that it has a mind of it's own. Sometimes it powers up as soon as I key on or start the vehicle. Other things it doesn't do anything. Totally dead in the water. It sounds like I can hear a relay clicking when it doesn't power up. Sometimes it will turn itself on after about 20 or 30 seconds. Other times I have to turn the truck on and off a few times and then it comes on. Haven't found any pattern to why it doesn't come on all of the time.

Any suggestions?

btw- We need to offer a reward to whomever can come up with the hack to allow full use while the vehicle is moving. 100 people offering $25. That should be some incentive! :)

Check all the connections. If all looks well I'd try tapping a different power and ground. If you're using the same power and ground wire that your stock system used it might not be able to draw enough through the stock wiring all the time to reach the boot-up threshold.

I'll check the power/ground connections. I've been trying to find some pattern but haven't been able to. One time I put my foot on the brake pedel and it powered it. Might have just been a coincidence through.

The vehicle is the new body style ('07 ) GMC Sierra HD.

Sounds like the same problem we ran into yesterday. Are you using the Peripheral LAN interface? If so, what equipment do you have connected to the RAP output of the interface?

We had a Z1 and a PESWIPS connected to the RAP output and the radio would turn on only once and a while. When it would not turn on, the relay that generates the ACC power would just click on and off. Had to move the power wire of the PESWIPS from the RAP power to the amp remote turn-on of the Z1. Everything worked fine after that.

And before anyone ask, I had tried a new LAN interface and a new PESWIPS.

• 3 months later...

It's been a long Summer so my buddy and I finally got around to finishing the Z2 installed. Also took care of the 2 wire by-pass (works great!), satellite radio/NAV traffic and Vizualogic headrests with 9" monitors.

Been trying to chase down the problem with it not booting up when the truck is first started. Sometime's it's fine and other times I can hear the relay clicking.

shotgun_customs: We read your reply but aren't sure which wire to move that power wire to.

Also have something new after he install today, there is a hum in the speakers for about 10 seconds after the truck is started. Then it goes away.

Thanks!