AVIC411.com

AVIC D2 Test Menu Question

I've got an AVIC D2 - I've owned it for three months. The unit keeps failing with the message "Please insert the appropriate disk" The unit has been to Long Beach twice, each time it was returned to me NTF'd. I reinstalled it again earlier in the week and it's already returned to the fault. Every time I got the unit back from Pioneer, I inserted my disk and everything worked - at least for a small amount of time so I'm hoping that there is a way I can totally reset this unit to reload the software. I've followed the directions found elsewhere on this site on getting to the test menu, I've looked around and what looks suspicious to me is that the version of the GPS software says NG.

Anyhow, I don't have a remote control for my AVIC-D2 - so I don't have a function button. When I go through the procedure to force a re-write, I get stuck at the point where I want to select to load the software. What key to I press when I've highlighted DVD and the version I want to make the unit load that software? The only button that appears to do anything is MAP but once I've pressed that, I just get a screen that only lists the CARD version as NG - and the DVD isn't listed anymore.

Also, how do I go about SAVING other options that I've set in the test menu? I thought that I could perhaps change the option on the unit for where to load software, instead of CARD and DISK, just have it say DISK - but this option isn't sticking - I guess just shutting the unit off or pressing reset doesn't save my changes.

Help is appreciated, I feel right now that I've got one of the more expensive boat anchors that I've ever had.