AVIC411.com

Installation of Avic z1 for 2000 Audi S4

So fresh and so clean to this site- but I've been reading along with all of you for nearly the last 3months. Incredible site!

But now, I finally purchased the Avic z1 (pre-JUNE '06 model) for my 2000 Audi S4----->and now Im needing some assistance with the install. Ive installed a handful of decks on my own but never tackled a nav unit. I was quoted by "Drive-in Auto Sound" here in Colorado Springs around $350.00 for the unit alone. And then an additional $300.00 for my back-up cam, ipod adapter, bluetooth adapter and XM Nav. So needless to say, THIS IS NOT A GOOD PLAN>

My question is, would there be anyone in the vacinity that would be willing to assist me with this?? OR even somebody that has worked on a 2000 S4 (WITH Bose setup) before that could offer up some specific advice?

Thanks guys

If you have installed radios before then you will have no problems installing the Z1. Only two additional wires Rev, and Vss. Vss is optional depending on where you live.

I say install the unit yourself and pay the $300 for them to install the camera, ipod/bluetooth adapter and XMNav.

update: I was able to actually find an installer shop that will do the cam and z1 for about $275! So, I am definitely pleased with that quote. I plan to actually do all the other components (BT, Ipod and XM Nav traff modules) myself.

Just a heads up: I purchased a Metra dash kit from Lafayetteradio.com for only $27. Which if anyone knows anything about these particular kits for audis---->thats a steal!