AVIC411.com

My only real complaint about my D3

Hey all, I'm new to the forum.

I just installed my new D3 in my Nissan 350Z and I'm very pleased with it. My only real complaint has to do with the MP3s on DVD. I prefer to have everything randomized when listening to it and when I want to skip to the next song there doesn't seem to be a way to do so. If you use the next track or last track buttons it only moves you down or up in the folder you're in. After it gets to the end of a particular song it moves on to the next random song but I cannot seem to find a way to do it when I want. I'm sure I'm not the first to come across this.

Anyone know of a configuration that I'm missing here?

Thanks!

T_R_J

That's just the way it is. That's the way pioneer's randomizing has always been.

I think this is a MASSIVE flaw in the design of pioneer decks.

If i buy an IPOD and hook it up, does this still happen?

When i press next track on shuffle mode, does it go to the next random tracK?

Yes, the music is controlled through the ipod itself so the "shuffle" feature works as normal. With a single slot Nav system like the D3, I highly recommend relying on your iPod, XM, or Sirrius for music so you can keep your Nav DVDs in the system 75% or better of the time.

It's also not worth the juggle of a CD case in 2007.

Yes, the music is controlled through the ipod itself so the "shuffle" feature works as normal. With a single slot Nav system like the D3, I highly recommend relying on your iPod, XM, or Sirrius for music so you can keep your Nav DVDs in the system 75% or better of the time.

It's also not worth the juggle of a CD case in 2007.

Thank you very much.. I am rushing out to buy an IPOD

I know with my N1 when I put an mp3 disc in, and hit track forward, it did just what you are saying, but when I pushed the 'joystick' up (instead of right), it selected the next random song. There must be a way for you to do it on the D3, but I am not sure, just try hitting some buttons! ;)

+1 on the ipod with the D3, the interface is actually really nice, and if you have the ipod video, the new cable allows you to play video on your D3 too. *borat voice* Its-a-nice!

So true about the Pioneer/iPod interface. Surely they will fix this for the iPhone so it can be used as well.

I haven't bothered trying to figure out the CD function since I need the Navigation DVD to pretty much stay in there. Especially in Urban areas, it needs to re-route regularly if you miss a turn or know it's probably better to go to the next light, by chance. It's a lot more functional to just use an iPod.

I did everything, pressed every button and nothing goes to the next random track!!

Besides i think a 30GIG IPOD video shoudl work out nice.

Only problem now is all my video is divx/xvid and would take billion years to convert it to MP4.

I think for the video side am going to instally my xbox in the trunk or buy an AVOX.

I used ot have an xbox in my old car hooked up to a 7" screen. XBMC rocks!

well that's cool. There's a $25 port that you can install on the inside panels to hook your game controllers up, also. Would be interesting to sit in the back seat and play xbox games. lol

can you refer me to what port you are talking about?

In my last car 2003 Maxima, i actually ran usb lines to the front dash, and hacked the IR port to interface with the steering wheel controls

well that's cool. There's a $25 port that you can install on the inside panels to hook your game controllers up, also. Would be interesting to sit in the back seat and play xbox games. lol

can you refer me to what port you are talking about?

In my last car 2003 Maxima, i actually ran usb lines to the front dash, and hacked the IR port to interface with the steering wheel controls

I'm not sure what the model number is, but every custom sound shop will have it for about $25. There's a power outlet (with an inverter on the inside) and a port for game plugs. it's very cool.