AVIC411.com

New D3 install: Sub only works on radio

I just finished up the install of the D3 in a 2006 Acura RSX-s. So far I really enjoy it, but have a strange question.

Problem: Sub works when on regular radio, but turns off as soon as Sirius or CD is selected. Turns back on when regular radio is reselected.

Backgroud: The RSX-s comes with a bose sound system that includes a factory sub in the trunk. The sub is powered by it's own amp located in the sub box. There is a power and ground going to it as well as two unpowered signal wires. When installing the D3 I bypassed the Bose amp that runs the highs by running speaker wire from the D3 out to all speakers. For the sub, I ran RCA cables from the back of the D3 to the sub. I cut the ends of the cable and wired the middle of each cable to one of the signal wires and ground part of the cable to the other signal wire. Others have wired the sub in similar ways and have not had any problems.

Help?

I cut the ends of the cable and wired the middle of each cable to one of the signal wires and ground part of the cable to the other signal wire.

Which cable? The RCA cable? It sounds like the turn on signal you used was the power antenna...but I don't understand which cable you're talking about there.

good job on ripping out that crappy bose system!

Tell me about it. We were excited about it initially and figured it would sound really good. After a week or so thought, I was left wanting more. I still need to get some new speakers for the rear. Right now I have Polk DB650's up front which sound much better than the stock paper weights.