AVIC411.com

mute audio for navi instructions?

first of all WOW, my z1 is finally in and working perfectly. i love this thing, its one of the best mods i have done. right up there with the 4.10 gears. anyway, i havent had time to finish reading the book, so i wanted to know if there is a setting to have it mute whatever your listening to, when its giving you navi instructions.

thanks

Hold down the A/V button, that will turn off the Audio source, push it again to turn it back on.

My complaint about how the Z1/2 handle muting of the audio sources is that you can't differentiate different mute settings for different functions. For example:

1. During a phone call I want the music completely muted (would be great if it would actually PAUSE the source also, but I guess I'm the first person to think of that).

2. During route instructions I only want to attenuate the music.

It's impossible to do those two, as the same mute setting has to be applied to both, which means the music either stays on during a call, or stays at full volume during voice instructions. Because you can't set the level of instructions relative to the music volume (just an absolute level), if you have the music turned up fairly loud it can be really difficult to hear her voice.

• 2 weeks later...

My Z1 does exactly that. When I'm getting routing instructions I have it set to attenuate instead of mute (no matter what source I'm listening to XM, iPod, iPhone, FM etc. ). When I get a phone call no matter what i'm listening to it completely mutes and then I hear ringing from my phone. If i'm listening to my iPhone or my iPod it pauses and then resumes when my conversation is over.

emarnik Posted:

My Z1 does exactly that. When I'm getting routing instructions I have it set to attenuate instead of mute (no matter what source I'm listening to XM, iPod, iPhone, FM etc. ). When I get a phone call no matter what i'm listening to it completely mutes and then I hear ringing from my phone. If i'm listening to my iPhone or my iPod it pauses and then resumes when my conversation is over.

Are you using the Pioneer bluetooth?

Good point, if you're using an external car kit, the music muting may be handled differently.

That brings up another point, I wonder if the source you're listening to pauses (HD, CD/DVD or iPod) in addition to being muted when an external kit is used.