AVIC411.com

Dilemna: AVOX versus XBOX for my D3

Hi guys, need your input on this. So far, running DIVX on DVD's is getting a little tiresome, and i rather leave my navi disc in there.

I have a 30gig IPOD video for which i am stacked with Mp3's and podcast, and i rather not convert my library of divx files into MP4's. So here are my choices:

1. XBOX system

- I have A/V cables from D3 running to the trunk, an invertor, and logitech wireless joysticks.

- To turn the xbox on and off, i am using a channel on my VIPER alarm to flick the switch of the XBOX

PROS:

1. Costs me nothing because i have a 160gig Xbox, and all the equipment and wiring.

2. Option to play video games (ie. XBOX games, snes, etc)

CONS:

1. To transfer files, i have to bring my xbox into the house every time.

2. NOISE!!!!! i doubt i would ever be able to get rid of the dreaded ground noise as a result of using the DC/AC invertor

3. When i start the car, the movie that was playing will stop and the XBOX will most likely reboot, as a result, its a nuisance.

2. AVOX 2.5" Drive

PROS:

1. Very portable (to update files, is a matter of just brinnging it in the house)

2. Wireless remote is much more handy than using a joystick

3. I hope there is no ground noise that occures

CONS:

1. Costs me an extra $200 CDN

What would you guys do in this situation? My primary plan is the ability to store lots of divx videos.

I had the same ground problem with my xbox. All you have to do to fix it is wrap a wire around the yellow video cable, and ground the other end anywhere you can....trust me......it will stop the noise.

Also if you get the wireless card for the xbox you can upload music and videos to it wirelessly. I park my car in the garage and am able to add any new music or videos to it from upstairs.

If you get an xbox remote, you can acually control XBMC with it. Better and easier to use while driving instead of the joystick.

obviously I am an Xbox guy. I like it becasue it does it all, Music, videos, pictures, games, and lots more!

Thanks,

I did have an xbox in my 2003 maxima, but the noise was bad, but i did use the XBOX remote ( i reran the IR port from the trunk to the front dash)

It worked well, but the noise was bad.

I will give taht a shot

I had the same ground problem with my xbox. All you have to do to fix it is wrap a wire around the yellow video cable, and ground the other end anywhere you can....trust me......it will stop the noise.

Also if you get the wireless card for the xbox you can upload music and videos to it wirelessly. I park my car in the garage and am able to add any new music or videos to it from upstairs.

If you get an xbox remote, you can acually control XBMC with it. Better and easier to use while driving instead of the joystick.

obviously I am an Xbox guy. I like it becasue it does it all, Music, videos, pictures, games, and lots more!