AVIC411.com

How do I route between DVDs?

I live in Pennsylvania and will be going on a trip to Ohio. The maps for Pennsylvania are on one DVD and Ohio is on the other.

If I put the Ohio DVD in to find the address and then put the Pennsylvania DVD back in, will it automatically route me across the two states?

Thanks.

Oh, also make sure that when you go into the address search screen, you select Ohio as the state you are searching the address in. When I first started using my D3, I was searching for an address in Washington. That 800 mile route that popped up surprised me.

Ok. Figured it out.

When you go to type in the address you're searching for, you can select the little number (current region) in the top left hand corner of the screen. There's no label or symbol for it....just a number. This allows you to change which states you'll be searching in. I chose the region that contains Ohio (I think it was 6).

I then typed in the address and started driving. Since the D3 already knows I'm currently in PA, it was able to route to the Ohio address from Pennsylvania.

Kinda clunky but it works.