AVIC411.com

AVIC-N1 ugrade CNDV-60MP Need Help?

To anyone out there that can please help me out. A few days ago I moved from Bay Area to Boise Idaho due to business unfortunately my Pioneer AVIC-N1 navigation maps are incredible unreliable. The streets and maps are so outdated it’s insane, not only does my Nav tell me turn left and right on one way streets but it also seems not able to calculate shortest or fastest routes properly. Anyway I thought it might be time to finally upgrade my Nav Disc to CNDV-60MP or better. Of course I knew about pros and cons but someone clued me on to the possibility of a bypass of some sort to correct the problem. I already ran the bypass for the parking brake so I’m left wondering if there is anything that could be done if choose to add CNDV-60MP. Is it true that the new disc have some sort of code that tells the hideaway brain that the car is moving and disables your ability run address searches while moving plus video? I found your forum by accident and it does hold a wealth of knowledge. But I can’t seem to find exactly what information I’m looking for. I found snip-its but not the entire instructions on what to do in this case. I tired posting a question a few weeks ago but got no replies. I’m wondering if there is anyone out there that can please provide me any assistance on this subject.

• 2 weeks later...
To anyone out there that can please help me out. A few days ago I moved from Bay Area to Boise Idaho due to business unfortunately my Pioneer AVIC-N1 navigation maps are incredible unreliable. The streets and maps are so outdated it’s insane, not only does my Nav tell me turn left and right on one way streets but it also seems not able to calculate shortest or fastest routes properly. Anyway I thought it might be time to finally upgrade my Nav Disc to CNDV-60MP or better. Of course I knew about pros and cons but someone clued me on to the possibility of a bypass of some sort to correct the problem. I already ran the bypass for the parking brake so I’m left wondering if there is anything that could be done if choose to add CNDV-60MP. Is it true that the new disc have some sort of code that tells the hideaway brain that the car is moving and disables your ability run address searches while moving plus video? I found your forum by accident and it does hold a wealth of knowledge. But I can’t seem to find exactly what information I’m looking for. I found snip-its but not the entire instructions on what to do in this case. I tired posting a question a few weeks ago but got no replies. I’m wondering if there is anyone out there that can please provide me any assistance on this subject.

Yes, if you upgrade to the 60MP disks you need to do a mod on the circuit board on the inside of your unit. You should have some experience with soldering to do this but it isn't too hard. Nobody is going to give you exact instructions word for word but I used this thread to get me through it: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=733#733

and this specific post in the thread had the picture of what you want to solder: http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=4330#4330

Make sure you read through the entire thread a few times before you try it. But it definately helps with being able to change destinations while driving and also having updated maps. I can't wait to get the 70MP disks in the mail in a few days, that should help also. Good luck and I hope this helps!