AVIC411.com

where to get the avic installed

Guest spohle

Guest spohle
hi,

i have my avic d2 now, and trying to find a reliable place to get it installed. so far i tried 2 best buys and was shocked on how incompetent they seem to be. it's a bunch of kids running these shops and trying to rip me by far off.

i read that some here got it installed at their best buy. just seems like my one are really bad. im in/about the glendale/burbank/pasadena area in los angeles.

any recommendations ???
can you tell me what you charge for that or if there is any special other stuff needed for the installation.

my best buy was trying to tell me at least 4 other extra items they have to special order etc etc. and trying to charge me way over 300 dollars
Going rate at my store for a 04 Golf

(Mind you this is without the monsoon system) if so there will be needed a amp interfration kit

149.99 For Navi install
14.99 for the V-Dub wiring harness
11.99 for the antenna adapter
3.99 shop supply fee

grand total 180.96+ tax

if amp intergration is required add about another 80-100 bucks

and this is in canadain prices
[quote name="JDMdc5"]Going rate at my store for a 04 Golf

(Mind you this is without the monsoon system) if so there will be needed a amp interfration kit
[/quote]

i have the normal vw car stereo in there, not sure if that is the monsoon or not.
Guest spohle
yeah it's seems like a crazy market. sorry JDMdc5, but i tried now 3 best buys and get the outer most different replies from them. one trying to charge me over 300 dollars and it would take min 5 hours, one saying it can't be installed in my car at all, and one seems to be reasonable and saying it would take 90 mins and about the same price you gave me with the extra parts.
install with very from store to store.. it all depends on where you take it to and whos doing for us.. we do it day in and day out.. lot of ppl say you can do it yourself... its "easy" buy mind you ... lets say if a best buy worker breaks a panel.. guess whos paying for it!.. .BEST BUY.. ifyou break it yourself.. guess whos paying for it.. you guessed it! your wallet is! there are pros and cons with the install. so its up to you.. see if your local in the Toronto area.. i would have hooked you up no problem at our store :D