AVIC411.com

D3 & The Zune...

I recently became the pround owner of a D3 which I installed in my Monte Carlo complete with bypass. I wanted to be able to play my Microsoft Zune on it but didn't want to use the aux and didn't really want to spend $120 on the USB adaptor. I had the Zune A/V kit already and I just hooked it up to the rca's in back and put the dock on my center council and it works GREAT! Yeah, I have to use the A/V remote instead of the touchscreen but I love it. What would show up on my Zune scree shows up completly on the D3 and the larger display makes navigation with the remote a breeze. Its just too easy to change between Music, a Photo slideshow, or to watch my seasons of Famliy Guy on the way to work... Thanks to the rest of you for the making my desicion to the D3 a great one and the tips for the bypass. :D

I also have a Zune and will be hooking it up to the D3 Aux RCA cables once I take my dash apart again. Do you have any photos of your setup?

I can't decide on whether to make female RCA plugs available near my enter console so I can hook my zune into them....or.....connect an RCA to Mini cable from the back of my D3 and send it out to my center console so I only have to put the mini plug into my Zune.

And I agree. The Zune is very easy to use.