AVIC411.com

NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!! 02 Escalade and N3

Hey Guys,

I have an 02 Escalade.

I went to bestbuy they said I need is the cheap wire harness. Because my 03 is when they got complicated. I've hooked everything UP and the n3 turns on put NO sound coming from the speakers.

The truck DOES have bose and the amp is at the back, but there is NO chime through the door speakers.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

K..You shouldn't loose that chime that I know of, if its just a standard gm harness. Your not getting any sound because you haven't hooked the blue amp turn on wire up on the d3 to the harness. Usually on bose applications I would put my own set of rca ends onto the gm harness and then plug them into the d3, because the bose system takes low-level inputs, not high level like the speaker wires put out. You could do that or buy a premium sound interface module and then it might be a little bit easier. That module costs $50..or $49.99 :D . If you don't connect it with the rcas or premium sound, then the speakers are going to start clipping and sounding like ass once you turn it above like 20.

K..You shouldn't loose that chime that I know of, if its just a standard gm harness. Your not getting any sound because you haven't hooked the blue amp turn on wire up on the d3 to the harness. Usually on bose applications I would put my own set of rca ends onto the gm harness and then plug them into the d3, because the bose system takes low-level inputs, not high level like the speaker wires put out. You could do that or buy a premium sound interface module and then it might be a little bit easier. That module costs $50..or $49.99 :D . If you don't connect it with the rcas or premium sound, then the speakers are going to start clipping and sounding like ass once you turn it above like 20.

I cant thank you enought for all your help,

3 things.

I have a avin N3..not D3 (not sure if the same)

I dont understand what you mean by blue wire , rca etc...?

And for the chime.. I havnt lost it, I never had it from the beginning i was just describing my car

Im really sorry for being a newb :(

I cant thank you enought for all your help,

3 things.

I have a avin N3..not D3 (not sure if the same)

I dont understand what you mean by blue wire , rca etc...?

And for the chime.. I havnt lost it, I never had it from the beginning i was just describing my car

Im really sorry for being a newb :(

1. same thing just didn't have my coffee yet! ha

2. There is a blue with a white stripe coming out of one of the n3 harnesses on the back of the screen. That needs to get connected to the blue wire on the gm harness that plugs into the escalade.

3. Just try hooking it up color wire to color wire white to white, white/black to white/black between the harness'. If everything sounds okay after you do that then don't worry about it. If it starts clipping or sounding bad once you turn it up, then you will need a premium sound adapter. Let me know if any more questions