AVIC411.com

AVIC - HD1BT vs AVIC - z1

Hello mates,

Does anyone know the difference between these two devices? the HD1BT is the european version of the Z1.

I would truly appreciate it if anyone can send me the service manual for the HD1BT or Z1/Z2.

While reading through other threads on this forum, I noticed that someone had a service manual published on his FTP site, but the link is no longer working.

I appreciate your input on that,

Best Regards

Rob

Hello mates,

Does anyone know the difference between these two devices? the HD1BT is the european version of the Z1.

I would truly appreciate it if anyone can send me the service manual for the HD1BT or Z1/Z2.

While reading through other threads on this forum, I noticed that someone had a service manual published on his FTP site, but the link is no longer working.

I appreciate your input on that,

Best Regards

Rob

I think the main difference is in the ease of the bypass (just handbrake wire is enough for the European version), obviously European map database and different radio (RDS radio with TMC, different freq. grid etc. )

Also for some weird reason the numbering is different...

Z1 == HD1(BT)

Z2 == HD3(BT)

can we make the Z1 function in Europe? For example by copying the HD1 hard disk image onto the Z1 or Z2 and then probably change the region of the Z1/Z2 via a service menu or so?! One other question, what is the color of the hand brake wire to be grounded on the HD1?

Thanks

can we make the Z1 function in Europe? For example by copying the HD1 hard disk image onto the Z1 or Z2 and then probably change the region of the Z1/Z2 via a service menu or so?! One other question, what is the color of the hand brake wire to be grounded on the HD1?

Thanks

You can find the connections here

, on page 11 (it's light green)

About converting a Z1 for Europe (or VV), it's been discussed before on this forum and it was not worth it. Too many problems (area codes, maps , radio, etc. )

Thanks for the prompt replies. You are very helpful.

I might sound stupid, but I still have a problem finding the light green wire!! I only have a green wire and a black/green wire which are speaker outputs! apart from that, I dont have any other green wires in my HD1BT power cable! Did I misunderstand something!!

On another matter, I got the Bluetooth adapter, does this need to be connected outside the dashboard for bluetooth reception or can it be left inside the dashboard? Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for the prompt replies. You are very helpful.

I might sound stupid, but I still have a problem finding the light green wire!! I only have a green wire and a black/green wire which are speaker outputs! apart from that, I dont have any other green wires in my HD1BT power cable! Did I misunderstand something!!

On another matter, I got the Bluetooth adapter, does this need to be connected outside the dashboard for bluetooth reception or can it be left inside the dashboard? Many thanks in advance.

Did you look in the manual link I sent you ?...

(it probably also has a plastic label on it telling you what it is....)

Re. the bluetooth adapter, you can just leave it somewhere behind the dashboard, as long as it's not shielded by metal...

I looked at the manual and saw the reference to a light green wire which I can confirm that its not present in my HD1BT power cable. I can tell you the wires I have:

1- Yellow: Power (Battery)

2- Red: power (Acc)

3- Black (ground)

4- Pink (speed sensor)

5- Blue/white (system remote control)

6- Yellow/black: mute

7- Orange/white: illumination (head light)

8 - violate/white: reverse signal

9-16: 4 speaker outputs x 2 = 8 wires

These are the 16 pins I have in my power cable. Is the hand brake pin part of the RCA connections?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

I looked at the manual and saw the reference to a light green wire which I can confirm that its not present in my HD1BT power cable. I can tell you the wires I have:

1- Yellow: Power (Battery)

2- Red: power (Acc)

3- Black (ground)

4- Pink (speed sensor)

5- Blue/white (system remote control)

6- Yellow/black: mute

7- Orange/white: illumination (head light)

8 - violate/white: reverse signal

9-16: 4 speaker outputs x 2 = 8 wires

These are the 16 pins I have in my power cable. Is the hand brake pin part of the RCA connections?

Many thanks in advance,

Rob

Strange, as you can see in the manual, yes, the handbrake wire should be amongst these connections...

blue-white system control should NOT be one of these btw, if you look in the manual.... Maybe an error from Pioneer in the cable/connector ?

(I'm assuming you have the HD1BT)

I think this is where the problem is then.

Is there any chance you could send me the pin configuration for the power cable of the HD1BT? I would then re-wire the cable I have. I bought this unit off ebay, so I am not sure if the power cable I got is for Z1 or HD1BT; I thought it was for the HD1BT as it would fit the socket fine.

Many thanks.

Rob

I, so I am not sure if the power cable I got is for Z1 or HD1BT; I thought it was for the HD1BT as it would fit the socket fine.

Many thanks.

Rob

Cable for the Z1 is identical to the HD1 (and HD3)

I have the pin-out at home, I'll check tonight... :wink:

• 3 years later...