AVIC411.com

A few questions before finishing the install...

So I think I'm like 90% done with the install of my D3 into a 2003 mustang GT with the Mach 460 System. Just a couple questions: I have the Metra 70-5519 harness all soldered and connected up, with the exception of a few wires- the dimmer wire (orange with black stripe), and the Amp Turn ons(Light blue wires) and negative wires(black wires). For the Amp turn ons, where should I connect them? I was thinking I could just tap the red ACC wire, but would like to check with you guys first. Also, can I just ground out the negatives then? The entire 8 Pin connector and harness part has got me all confused, any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, do I have to connect the dimmer wire to something in order to have the illumination work properly?

Thanks for any help!

So I think I'm like 90% done with the install of my D3 into a 2003 mustang GT with the Mach 460 System. Just a couple questions: I have the Metra 70-5519 harness all soldered and connected up, with the exception of a few wires- the dimmer wire (orange with black stripe), and the Amp Turn ons(Light blue wires) and negative wires(black wires). For the Amp turn ons, where should I connect them? I was thinking I could just tap the red ACC wire, but would like to check with you guys first. Also, can I just ground out the negatives then? The entire 8 Pin connector and harness part has got me all confused, any help is greatly appreciated.

Also, do I have to connect the dimmer wire to something in order to have the illumination work properly?

Thanks for any help!

My 1st Q to u is why are these wires left FREE? There should be a wire for each.

Is it a factory Amp? If so then you should match it up with the remote wire from the factory harness.

Do not attach it to the acc wire.

If it's aftermarket Amps then use the turn on wire from there.

s for the Ground use the ground from the factory harness. Yeah you could GROUND them some where but the best location is from the factory harness.

It is the factory amps from the Mach 460 system, I should have mentioned that before, my mistake.

With the connector that has the 2 RCA plugs attached to it, the amp turn on wires get connected to where? (connector on one end, the other end is free right now.) The power connector is all set then for me, matched the wires by color, and taped up the orange/black dimmer wire as cntr said to.

That just leaves the last connector. The RCA plugs will be connected to one of the D3s RCAs(which one?), The Amp turn on wires will go to the blue/white system remote wire (lost the tag on it, over looked it completely- HUGE MISTAKE), and then just ground the amp negatives- and I'll be all set?

I see some posts about a 2.2 k resistor being soldered in between the amp turn ons and the remote wire- this prevents the turn on POP noise? Is that noise guaranteed? If so I guess I'm running to radio shack for 2 2.2k resistors.

Thanks a lot for the help!!