AVIC411.com

Anyone else having trouble with XM signals lately?

I live in Northern Cal and drive a lot visiting customers in the Bay area and Redding to Freno out to Reno. In the valley, with no obstructions, lately I seem to be with no signal often, 2 or 3 times a week. Antenna looks good, on the same trip a few hours later after spending time with ripped or CD based stuff, it'll be working again. It appears to me that the sattelite signal is just not there more often than I would have expected. Is anyone else noticing this on the West coast? I have on occaison checked the signal strength and it's there or not there depending on the availability of Deep Tracks or Real Jazz. (yea I'm old compared to a lot of you) It's noticed in the last 4 or 5 months. TIA

digxrayguy

Do you know how much of an area a repeater covers? Is it like an AM signal, an FM signal or a cellular signal? I was also on a long weekend trip to Vegas last weekend and had a signal to Bakersfield, spent the night there, had no signal in the AM for the drive to Vegas but had it on the way back three days later. Weird stuff. If you're confident the Sat coverage has been good, I'm gonna be questioning my hardware but it's strange to be intermittant the way it is.

digxrayguy

• 2 weeks later...

i would go with the repeater being down in the area. xm and sirius both rent space on cell towers business' and such. your best actual bet is to call xm and let them know the problem and see about resolving it. they actually came out to fix the repeater on the best buy when i lived in harrisburg pa