AVIC411.com

N2 - External display off?

sounds to me like the ribbon cable between the main unit and the display has gone bad, or the lcd module in the display unit has gone bad. :( most likely will need to be sent to pioneer for service. if you do, just send them the dash unit with no hardware, trim rings harnesses or anything, just the faceplate. depending on when you bought it (less than 12 months) and from where (an authorized dealer, not flea bay) it may be covered under warranty. if not, may be a fairly cheap fix.

sounds to me like the ribbon cable between the main unit and the display has gone bad, or the lcd module in the display unit has gone bad. :( most likely will need to be sent to pioneer for service. if you do, just send them the dash unit with no hardware, trim rings harnesses or anything, just the faceplate. depending on when you bought it (less than 12 months) and from where (an authorized dealer, not flea bay) it may be covered under warranty. if not, may be a fairly cheap fix.

i think i can live with it off... its only an issue when the unit is closed... when its open, the LCD background works just fine....

They will most likely replace the circuit board if they see the bypass is done. Has happened to several members here.

As for turnaround time, I have no idea. You will have to ask them when you call Pioneer tech support to get an RMA # for the free ribbon replacement.