AVIC411.com

Wire Location AVIC Z2?

Correct. I tried dimming with a multi meter and the voltage dropped. I would like to contact it to a wire that is always 12 volts when the light is on regardless of dimmer setting. Does anyone have any other ideas? You mentioned some spot on the convenience control modules below the dash...

So the vss and illumination wires on the gmos-04(or whatever harness) weren't easy enough to use?

I used the Metra VT-GMRC-01 GM Class II Data bus Interface provided by Crutchfield. There are no wires on the stock truck harness. On the Metra, there is no illumination and vss feed...just the Z2, but! where do I hook them?

The Vss is the green/white, pin A4 in the cluster plug. Catch the ill and reverse in the convenience center. You can run all three wires togeather across the dash behind the cluster, then drop the two wires behind the cluster's left side to the convenience center. Easy and fast. You could be done already. :wink:

Ok, last night I hooked up the VSS and metered the illumination spot in the convenience center...How convenient...Thanks Shotgun!

How much more accurate is the navigation when VSS is hooked up?

Do you recommend the bypass ISO? Is the two-wire bypass easy to complete? Are there any problems (glitches) after bypassing the Z2?

Man, I really appreicate everyone's help...

• 2 weeks later...