AVIC411.com

Generic ebay camera works?

Horrible! Stay WAY far away! Cheap plastic housing and brackets, CMOS camera! Never purchase CMOS. Always look for a CCD camera.

Many people on here, myself included, purchased a Boyo VTL-300 license plate frame camera. a little more money, but it's a quality product.

Horrible! Stay WAY far away! Cheap plastic housing and brackets, CMOS camera! Never purchase CMOS. Always look for a CCD camera.

Yes, bad idea. I have own 2 cameras like this and both crapped out in less then a month. The quality is also not very good. I just bought my VTL-300 two days ago from here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Backup-Camera-o ... dZViewItem

VBlue,

I ordered mine from the same guy, and since I only live one state over from him, UPS delivered it the very next day after clicking "Buy It Now!"

I highly recommend barneyselectronics

Yea, I have ordered quite a few items from them. When the DEH-P980BT came out, they had the lowest price. Got it for about 360.00 a year ago.

it shouldnt be hard at all. the VTL-300 just comes with a power line & ground, and an RCA plug to plug into the back of your Z1. The included length of wires were ample enough to reach from my dash all the way to the back of my Ford Expedition!

I just installed the VTL-300

I have pluged the input to the Rear Camera input (Brown)

If i plug the red to power and black to ground how does the Z1 know when I put it in reverse or dosn`t it being it is not a pioneer?

Now when i do wire it up and fire the Z1 up the camera comes straight up but then after using the radio etc i can`t get back to the camera?

I guess what i am saying is i am lost LOL

Thanks.