AVIC411.com

HOW TO D3 to AMP, BACKUP CAMERA, HARNESS RECOMMENDATIONS????

Hey everyone at Avic411,

i have alot of questions which means i need alot of help!

so i'm trying to hookup my avic d3 to a amp. i have a Toyota highlander and im going to replace my door speakers and run them into a amp.(because the avic isn't powerfull enough to run my speakers) and im also going to run another amp and a sub. (total of 2 amps for the car).

Heres my Questions?

1. can i use the car speaker door wiring that the car already has or do i have to re-run the wire back to the amp

(could i use the existing wire and run them from to the head-unit (D3) to the amp?

2. which Avic wire do i use for the door speakers. (im replacing 4 speakers)

How/Were do i hook the RCA wires from the D3? (Im going to wire the RCA wires from the d3 to one amp then to the other amp)

3. How do i split the turn on lead to connect to both amps? (or do i need 2 turn on leads, because one amp is hooked up to the other)

4. Which works better the circuit city metra wire or the one that Crutchfield gives u. Crutch field says you have to solder which id prefer not to do. (Can you still bypass the D3 with the metra wire

5. Do i need a double din dash kit for a Toyota highlander?

5a. Does every car require a dash kit even though its already double dinned?

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Metra-Ra ... tDetail.do

I think this is a speaker connections? http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7xTjtHGfaJ ... &s=0&cc=01

I'm also going to connect the pioneer camera to the d3.

1. Questions: what else do i need. crutchfield said i need "Pioneer CD-RB10

P-Bus MCD To Aux Input Adapter" and "Pioneer CD-RM10

Composite A/V to Aux Mini Cable" . how do i power the cable.

AND OF COURSE IM GOING TO BYPASS MY UNIT!

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE CAN WILL LEARN FROM THIS FORUM?

THANKS TO ANYONE WHO GIVES ME A HAND IN FIGURING THIS OUT!

[/color][/color]

I think the best response any of us can give, based on the elementory questions you have asked, is to take all this stuff to an installer and have them install it for you. Please understand, Im not trying to make you feel bad but if you have to ask these questions your probably better off letting someone else do it for you.

Even the JBL is still crappy paper speakers. That's besides the point. To get to the nitty gritty.

Parts you'll need to install the avic.

70-1761 - Wire harness

95-8202 - double din dash filler.

That's the harness you'll need the one you linked from CC will do you absolutely no good. The kit is more of a filler for the sides of the radio opening. since the stock radio is rounded on the sides.

Now as far as the amp stuff goes. You can run the speaker wire from the 4 channel amp and hook it up to the speaker leads of the 70-1761. That's the common practice. Not too many places run wire to each individual speaker. If you go that route, then the speaker leads of the avic you will not hook up to anything. Just tape them up so they don't short against anything.

The remote lead goes from the avic to one amp. then you can jump it from the first amp to the second amp.

RCAs - The front and rear outputs from the avic will go to the 4 channel amp. The sub output goes to, you guessed it, the sub amp.

The pioneer backup camera - power for that can be hooked up to the avic harness. Power to the red wire and ground to the black wire. The rca from the camera will get plugged into the rear camera input rca of the avic.

1. Questions: what else do i need. crutchfield said i need "Pioneer CD-RB10

P-Bus MCD To Aux Input Adapter" and "Pioneer CD-RM10

Composite A/V to Aux Mini Cable" . how do i power the cable.

You really don't need any of this crap.

Any more questions?