AVIC411.com

D3 and 2006 Chevy 2500HD

I just installed my D3 tonight. This site was great for finding everything I need. I just have one question. From another post I took this information

"The cluster is over the wheel. Speedo, Tach, Fuel Gauges. Remove the four 7mm screws in the corners and it will pull out. Plug is in the center at the top.

That box under the wheel is the BCM(Body Control Mod.). Look for the reverse wire in the black plug."

My questions is I am not sure I hooked my Reverse wire up correctly or something because my trans. light or engine light can't remember is now on.

Under the steering wheel there is a row of connectors maybe 4 or five. The last on is black with only 3 wires I believe. I hooked the reverse wire to the light green. Was that correct or is that the wrong harness?

Thanks

I am still having trouble finding the BCM board and I am feeling pretty stupid. I know that it is under the steering wheel. I pulled the bottom dash cover off and the only thing I can find is a straight board with 5 connectors on it not the six that everyone is talking about so it must be somewhere else.

Also one person has told me the connector is Black and another said it was purple. Which one is it?

As I said before the engine light came on it is because I hooked up the reverse wire to the wrong wire. When I unhooked it the light stays on. Do I have to take the truck in to have someone turn the light off or do you think something else is hooked up wrong. I am using a PAC OS-2Bose so there is not much that can go wrong. I hooked up the speed wire to the harness that hooks to the instrument panel on the A4 Wire.

What do you all think?

I am still having trouble finding the BCM board and I am feeling pretty stupid. I know that it is under the steering wheel. I pulled the bottom dash cover off and the only thing I can find is a straight board with 5 connectors on it not the six that everyone is talking about so it must be somewhere else.

You're looking at the BCM. Not all vehicles have six plugs. The reverse is light green in the eight pin plug on the far right. Did you test the wire to make sure that is was the reverse wire before you connected it? If not, shame on you.

There are a few ways you can reset the code that has been set. First you can remove the neg battery terminal for about 15mins. If that doesn't work, most auto part stores have a code reader and can reset codes. If still no luck, make a trip to the dealership.

I would finish your install, making sure everythig is correct, before you reset the code.

Sorry I did try searching I have no ideal why I did not see that thread.

As for the reverse wire. It is killing me I am using a test light and can not find the freaking wire. on the BCM there are 5 conectors on the front and one on the back the one on the back is purple(J6) I tried the light green and it was 12 volt ignition. I tried the one one the8 potions and it was for the right rear window. On the front of the board where the five connectors the far right (J5) is black with only 3 wires on it and it and is where I Had it hooked up the first time (to the light green wire.

At one time I was good at this stuff but I guess I am just getting old....

ok, here's my two cents. my method of installing in these trucks may take some time, BUT THEY WORK 100% OF THE TIME. since you need both reverse and dimmer, run two wires to your tail light. yes on the outside of the truck. the one people see if they are behind you. you should be able to remove two phillips head screws with the tailgate open and pull the light out (i usually use the driver's side) and locate a brown wire on one light and a light green on another. the brown wire is your illumination and light green is reverse. tie wrap the wires to the harness running down the frame of the truck, use a grommet to go through the body, then up to the dash. no prodding on the bcm, no check engine light, nothing. like i said, a little work, but after reading what you have been through, maybe easier. 8)

by the way, the reason you cannot find the reverse wire at the bcm is because it is a digital signal to the tail light module at the rear of the truck. that is why i go to the light for my signal. i am usually doing a backup camara, so i am already running wires back there anyway.

Well I found all the wires that I need and figured out that I had the reverse wire hooked up correctly the first time. I am worried now as to why my check engine light is on as I did hook everything up correctly. I unhooked both batterys for about a min. or so but the light is still on. Did anyone else have this problem?