AVIC411.com

D-3 day/night mode on 2006 STI

I have the D3 in my 2006 Subaru STI and it will not toggle between day/night mode when i switch my lights on. I looked through the forum and found that most likely my installer did not hook up my illumination wire. Does anyone know what wire needs to be connected to what for my specific car so I can just explain it to my installer for an easy and quick fix? Also my car has day time running lights that are on at all times as soon as I put the e-brake down, will this affect it and make the night mode be on at all times if hooked up to my headlight switch?

there are two wires for your car, a 'dimmer' and an 'parking light' like wire. If you pull the deck out and look at the wire harness you will see probably ONLY 1 orange wire plugged into the aftermarket wire harness. there the other wire usually doesnt have a coresponding wire on the other side from the car. You can use either one, also you would need to set it in the avic for which wire type your using. You wouldnt want to connect the wire to your headlights as you do have daytime running lights, very annoying in my opinion and VERY bad wear and tear on the type of lights in that car. especially if you make quick stops and turn the car off or pull e brake. lights usually respond better and last longer if you dont turn them on and off alot.

If you consider disabling your day time running lights it would likely prolong the life of the lights themselves. You can simply unplug the relay that is in the pass. kick panel just to the right of the glove box. without a meter, you can engage the e brake and dis engage it to hear the relay clicking and locate it that way. But either way that shouldnt effect your parking lights / illumination for the radio.