AVIC411.com

Illumination problem and a few others on 2006 Chevy 2500HD

Along with the problem below my volume and source buttons do not work, and the unit does not dim when the lights come on.

I am still having trouble finding the BCM board and I am feeling pretty stupid. I know that it is under the steering wheel. I pulled the bottom dash cover off and the only thing I can find is a straight board with 5 connectors on it not the six that everyone is talking about so it must be somewhere else.

Also one person has told me the connector is Black and another said it was purple. Which one is it?

As I said before the engine light came on it is because I hooked up the reverse wire to the wrong wire. When I unhooked it the light stays on. Do I have to take the truck in to have someone turn the light off or do you think something else is hooked up wrong. I am using a PAC OS-2Bose so there is not much that can go wrong. I hooked up the speed wire to the harness that hooks to the instrument panel on the A4 Wire.

What do you all think?

Well I found all the wires that I need and figured out that I had the reverse wire hooked up correctly the first time. I am worried now as to why my check engine light is on as I did hook everything up correctly. I unhooked both batterys for about a min. or so but the light is still on. Did anyone else have this problem?

at this point with you having disconnected the batteries and the chech eng light is still on you must have a real problem. go to an auto parts, like autozone, murrays, pepboys etc. they will be able to hook up a dtc scanner and tell you what code is being stored and the discription of the problem. once you have this info look into your install. good luck

You can use a performance programmer, if you have a buddy with a similar truck who has one, since, even if it is programmed to his truck, it will still function as a scanner. Some Pep Boys will also do it for free, if you buy something from them, like an air freshener.