AVIC411.com

Bad Harness...

i used a metra harness and no have no issues but i really cant see the harness being your problem with phone calls. thats all built into the radio, if it was the harness you would/should have the problem all of the time. does it change pitch when you step on the gas it almost sounds like an alternator whine

i used a metra harness and no have no issues but i really cant see the harness being your problem with phone calls. thats all built into the radio, if it was the harness you would/should have the problem all of the time. does it change pitch when you step on the gas it almost sounds like an alternator whine

It doesn't change when I step on the gas, the whining noise isn't coming for the engine bay or alternator. The whining high pitch is coming from the speakers, I brought it in and the installers told me the harness has to go. It's funny that you brought up the alternator, the car is 5 years old and is still using the original battery it came with. Dealership told me to replace it.  Could it be the battery too?