AVIC411.com

4000NEX bricked on FW update

Hi there, just installed this a few days ago. All appeared to be working well until I attempted to do the FW update yesterday. Put the folder on an empty SD card, went through the menu to the update, it then had a screen for a few minutes that said something like "Reading, please wait a while", then a screen appeared with some verbiage and a button to begin. Pressed that, it shut off, restarted, displayed the splash screen, then this lovely message:

brick.jpg

Tried everything to get it back from resets to disconnecting power, with no luck. It's totally bricked, and there seems to be little chance of getting that SD card back out.

Not really sure what to do now. I imagine I could try to deal with them to get it repaired/replaced under warranty or just exchange it from the (online) seller, but of course there will always be the fear that it will do it again, perhaps on a future FW update when it's freshly out of warranty. Any suggestions? A web search doesn't reveal too much on this topic, and the manual's troubleshooting conveniently leaves this situation out. 

brick.jpg

Tried everything to get it back from resets to disconnecting power, with no luck. It's totally bricked, and there seems to be little chance of getting that SD card back out.

Not really sure what to do now. I imagine I could try to deal with them to get it repaired/replaced under warranty or just exchange it from the (online) seller, but of course there will always be the fear that it will do it again, perhaps on a future FW update when it's freshly out of warranty. Any suggestions?... 

Did you do what it says on the screen? ... :)

same thing happened to me on the first carplay update but what mine did ( 5000nex) is when it was doing the update it did its restart of the unit like its suppose to and then it says reading Please wait and then after awhile it says 1.01 > -1.01 and then fails iv tried 10 different usb drives and mini sd. I also tried the different nex updates that  have been released since. called pioneer at the time and they told me it would be at least $80 plus my shipping to get it fix since it wasnt covered under warranty and I said that was bs since it was their update that killed it. Moral of the story its a paper weight on my desk as I have refused / havnt sent it in yet.