AVIC411.com

Hello all, this is my first post and I am sure someone can help me. I am installing a D3 in a 2001 Tacoma Xcab and I was sure I knew from countless hours of research where the speed sensor wire was coming off the ECU behind the glove box. Well today as I begin the easy install and look at the connectors where I am going to find this wire I see only empty holes where it should be. Please help me as I am hoping to get this installed and go camping tomorrow. I appreciate your help. :(

the only info i have-

should be a green or purple/white wire. look at the ecm (behind glove box) should be in the second plug down from the top, pin 17. looking at the plug, wire side, will be on the right of the connector third row down.

this info comes from a not very reliable source (sorry for that) but is all i have.

if the ecu is laying horizontal, it will be in the 2nd plug from the right. same pinouts. toyota used the same ecu case and plug setup in all there cars and trucks back then, just different programming inside.

the easiest way to test for the correct speedpulse for you, i think, would be to do the whole install in the dash and run your pink wire to behind the glovebox. then connect to the target wire, start the truck, wait for the nav to load up, go to the nav menu, settings, then connection status, then drive around a little. you should hear a beep go up in tone as you go faster, and the speed indicator at the top of the screen will increase as you go faster. if it doesn't work, disconnect the wire and try all over. maybe by the time you get to it you may have more reliable info to go by.

I hooked it up to the 1st connector on the right to the Green wire with Orange stripe which seems to jive with the wiring diagram in the manual. Seems to work perfect when checked with the vehicle dynamics speed readout. What color wire do you connect in the 2nd harness from the right?

only place i know of for reverse wire is at th light or in the harness under the driver's side frame. i'm not sure of color but that one is easy. look at the reverse bulb and you should have 2 wires. one black, one not. the not is the one you need. it will show 12v only when you put it in reverse. the only reason you need it though is if you are doing a backup camara. if not, don't bother. (unless you drive in reverse like me :shock: )