AVIC411.com

Firmware update help needed ASAP!

I just tried to update the firmware in my Z140BH and accidentally chose "System uCom All Write" instead of "System uCom Write" and the update came back with error at the end. I could not do anything to correct, stop or eject the card. The screen was stuck in the program forced write screen. I waited for over a half hour before I had no choice to turn off the key and get on with my day.

Now the deck is dead - nothing!

Please help! I need to get this going as I use it all day everyday.

Thanks

Well, I called Pioneer and talked to the tech/repair dept. and they said once the chip has a bad program there is nothing that can be done and to send it in.

A reprogram is $80, plus the shipping and there you have it!

Be very careful updating your decks and if you make a mistake or something goes wrong - you are screwed! It's almost not worth taking the chance.

So stupid they would make something that goes dead once a simple error occurs.

Well, I called Pioneer and talked to the tech/repair dept. and they said once the chip has a bad program there is nothing that can be done and to send it in.

A reprogram is $80, plus the shipping and there you have it!

Be very careful updating your decks and if you make a mistake or something goes wrong - you are screwed! It's almost not worth taking the chance.

So stupid they would make something that goes dead once a simple error occurs.

Could you fix by  yourself or go to a service center? How the story ended? I have exactly the same situation. Dont know what to do.