AVIC411.com

6000NEX The screen shut off won't stay off, randomly comes back on!

Are you on a navi trip? If so, it'll show up coming route maneuvers, such as a turn or what not. 

If not, do you have the beeps enabled? Does it "beep" when the screen comes back on, as if you touched it? Try to clean the screen with a damp cloth and see what happens. 

KOT

It was the Nav trip doing it. Funny, I'd have 82 miles before my next turn and it would still somehow trigger it. I'm bummed.

When do you drive A LONG TIME? On a trip, and when do you want to use Nav? On a long trip. So, night time if you're tired of any extra light, you can't kill the display and use Nav and wait for audio to warn you of a turn.

I just tested my 7000 this morning to work.

When I had a maneuver in 5 miles or so. The display stayed off until 1/2 mile to the turn. The voice actually spoke and finished the sentence before the display came back on. This was done when I turned off the display in maps.

For the next test I changed it to the siruisxm screen. Shut off the display and the next turn was in 15 miles. Again, the display didn't come back on until the voice completed the sentence at the 1/2 mile mark.

Perhaps you have an older firmware? Mine is up to date.

KOT

Actually, a day or two later mine exhibit the same as yours. So I have no answer as to why.

I wonder if I started the the trip while stopped one day and the other I started the trip while in mention? I honestly don't remember. But it was the exact same trip, to work.

I do know this. If I start the trip from my house. It sends me one route. But if I start the trip a mile down the road, it's s different route. If I were to wait another mile, it's back to the trip from the house. Despite all of the different areas, it's the same route that I take daily.

I only make the route to keep an eye on traffic.

KOT

This may seem like a small issue, but out here in Oregon, there are huge areas of nothing. So, light emitting from in front or to the side of you is really distracting. So, having some tunes and maybe a warning to potential turns is a huge plus. But if the screen won't stay off, it sucks. I've noticed that in order to dim the dang screen at night it would require you to turn up way back up during the day. The automatic dimming is really frustrating and ineffectual.

You don't have the dimmer wire hooked up to the headlight/parking lights?

Honestly, I didn't know that it automatically dimmed as I have my dimmer wire hooked up. I have noticed that the screen would dim down when my headlights turn on, automatic for my car, but the maps are still on daytime. But after several minutes it will switch to nighttime maps. My old Pioneer D-3 would switch the maps with the dimmer wire. 

KOT

My unit turns on the display when the Speeding notifications are turned on and I go over the limit. You can have several setting for this (visual and sound warning), maybe you only have the visual warning set and that is why it turns the screen on...the bad part is you can't have only sound warning without the visual.