AVIC411.com

4100NEX Carplay maps

When I connect my Iphone 5, ios8.1.2 to my 4100NEX, Carplay automatically starts as usual. Most of the time, however, the maps app is not displayed. I think I connect my phone the same way every time and it seems totally random for when it displays and when it does not. Does anyone else have this issue? Thanks for any help anyone may give.

I'm assuming you are still on 8.1.2 to preserve your jailbreak? Software updates have really helped with stability. The product is very much half baked in my opinion. I still have occasional issues with apps not opening when I press the icons on the first try. Very rarely does CarPlay crash, but it reboots itself. This morning it decided to do so when using navigation. On 8.3 it runs much better. If its important to preserve jailbreak you might have to live with bugs until the next jailbreak comes out. Personally, I think if you paid the money to have CarPlay, you should prioritize that over having a jailbreak.