AVIC411.com

Question About AVIC 7100NEX

Hello, I am having trouble getting android auto to launch . 7100nex HU and Galaxy s6. I have tried everything in this thread except the reset.

I am finding that when i use the usb cable and plug it into usb2 my phone starts charging. I then go to AV settings and i see that usb2 isnt even highlighted.

I have made sure phone was set to mtp. any ideas?

Thanks

got it , it indeed needs to be a high speed data transfer cable. works great 

For future reference for anyone stumbling across this, any data cable will work fine.  You can't use a cable that is charge-only.

On a side-rant, I don't know why anyone makes a charge-only cord anymore. Especially with the proliferation of QuickCharge 2.0, you need to have a regular data/charge USB cable for QC2.0 to work.

• 6 months later...

I have a Nexus 6 phone.  My installation is a little more involved.  I have a Google Chromecast stick plugged into the HDMI plug in my 8100NEX.  I use the hotspot feature on my phone, and can watch Netflix, Hulu, or many other apps that can "cast" right on my headunit. I understand the long shopping trips, thats why i set it up like that lol

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread but this is exactly what I'm wanting to do. I was originally running a quad core android based head unit but the audio quality was abysmal due to a poor DAC. So I've since switched out to the Pioneer 7100NEX. What I'd like to do is setup something exactly like what you have expect possibly using something like a MK808, My goal is to run Torque and be able to control it from the head unit. How EXACTLY did you set this up?

I'm sorry to dig up an old thread but this is exactly what I'm wanting to do. I was originally running a quad core android based head unit but the audio quality was abysmal due to a poor DAC. So I've since switched out to the Pioneer 7100NEX. What I'd like to do is setup something exactly like what you have expect possibly using something like a MK808, My goal is to run Torque and be able to control it from the head unit. How EXACTLY did you set this up?

You only get the gauges with the MaestroRR (maybe the others too, but I know this one)

But then the 7100 might not work because my 8100 doesn't give me gauges, the NEW ones do...

I really doubt the Torque will work at all