AVIC411.com

8100NEX - unable to select HDMI

I pulled my 8100 this evening and plugged a HDMI extension in, and plugged a camcorder to the extension.  However, I couldn't seem to select the HDMI a/v source from the 8100.  From the "home" screen, it was grayed out, and it didn't show up at all in the drop down lists from the various A/V modes.

I then plugged the HDMI cable directly from the camcorder into the back of the radio (taking the extension out of the equation) - same result (can't select HDMI.)

I then plugged the HDMI cable from the camcorder to my television - that worked fine (so I know the cable and camcorder are working.)

I'm at a loss as to why I can't select the HDMI source from the HU.  There doesn't seem to be any type of setting for enabling or disabling it.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Gary

I'll reply to myself.. I like talking to myself anyway...

Apparently, there's some incompatiblity between that sony camcorder and the HDMI port on the HU.  When I plugged in a RaspberryPi, the HDMI source worked perfectly.  

(Now that leads to all kinds of fun ideas...)