AVIC411.com

Having all sorts of problems with Avic-F77DAB

Bought and installed in Halfords in Ireland.

At first I had two phones connected via Bluetooth, now neither is discoverable at all.

DAB radio doesn't work despite required aerial being installed.

Trying to play Spotify through CarPlay is a nightmare, most of the time it won't work smoothly.

Podcasts won't always play either.

Takes about 3/4 minutes for SatNav to kick in every morning.

Music plays in the background when on calls.

Unit head won't always connect with iPhone. CarPlay doesn't always automatically load.

There's more issues as well that I just can't think of offhand. I have the latest firmware installed.

Does anyone else have any issues with the F77-DAB? For what I paid for I expected a lot more.

Some issues but not those.  I'm running an Android phone so cannot comment on any CarPlay issues.  Android Auto works nicely from USB2 and I think CarPlay only works from USB1.

Bluetooth working fine with an Android phone.  Might be worth resetting the unit by removing the power from the back of it (or disconnecting car battery) and see if that solves your issues.

I have had issues with the unit taking a while to start.  I have a push-button start in my car and if I start the engine by dropping the clutch and pressing Start, the head unit shows no sign of life for a minute or two before I see the splash screen and then the "Loading..." screens.  If I press Start without the clutch down (this is like turning the key to accessory position - 1 click) the unit starts up fine - goes straight to splash screen and then loading.  As soon as I see some sign of life I can then start the engine and it works fine.  Would be interesting to know if you have this issue too (rather than just the irritation of the "Loading..." screen)  and if so, what vehicle it is.  More details here:  http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/81093-nex-8100f77dab-delayed-startup/

Hope that's of some help.

Gareth