AVIC411.com

My Notes on Avic-8100NEX install and connection

I pulled the trigger on removing my hacked Avic-z110bt (software hacked to be a z120 or maybe z130 unit) and bought the AVIC-8100NEX from CarAudioGiants.com

My setup;

Ford 2009 F150 Lariat SuperCrew

Avic-8100nex  (from CaraudioGiants.com)

idatalink- Maestro-RR (from Amazon.com)

Idatalink -f01 wire harness (from amazon.com)

SiriusXm module (from Amazon.com)

First task was to calmly sit and wire up the wire harness from the radio kit to the Maestro wire harness kit.

To do this, go to the iDatalink-maestro site, pick you car and radio and all details.   It will GIVE you a wire schematic to connect it all.

Follow that diagram to a "T".  All color coded wires match on both ends. Use heatshrink tubing and then solder each.

The ONLY extra wires outside of that hardness are:

a single yellow/black wire from the rer the headunit to the Maestro-RR harness.  Use a connector to facilitate future disconnect if needed.  Connect the two OBD-ii port wires.  Connect the SWi cable to the steering wheel side of the blue-orange wire in the hardness connected to the Sync module under the center tray.  That's it!  If you have the SiriusXm module, that's an easy cable connect to the rear of the head unit and plug in the antenna.  PM me and tell you how to get SiriusXm at nearly half off.  I have for the past 6 years.

Issues i had, but resolved:

My ACC switch would not turn off the radio.   I had the data cable plugged into the wrong port; easy to confuse; they are both 4 pin conenctions on the maestro-rr.  need to match the same color connectors.  (Hard to do at night!)

Android-auto and Carplay would not work.  This was not so obvious.  The iphone cable MUST be on USB1.  Then android on USB2.  

I have the iphone6+ and a work phone; Samsung S5 on lollipop 5.0.

Still trying to figure out how to silence that damn warning voice when you go even 2 mph over the speed limit.  

There has to be a setting in the Navi settings.  I live in NYC, and my buddy cntrylvr79 from these forums installed it for me in NJ.   It was a long ride home constantly being informed I was speeding. lol  as soon as I got back home, i found the setting somewhere in the menus. I just cant remember right now.  When I get back in my truck tomorrow for work, i will look, 

Still trying to figure out how to silence that damn warning voice when you go even 2 mph over the speed limit.  

Ya, I found it yesterday.  Oddly I see other warning settings... like alert at 75% of speed limit?  wth?  someone had too much time on their hands when programming the alert section.

I would have rather seen setting based on mph over/under, in 5 mph increments.