AVIC411.com

Please Help!! Huge issues with 70mtp DVDs and AVIC-N3!!!

I purchased a copy of both the 70mtp discs from PaisanNYC here on the forums a few months back. Everything was working great for a while. I went down to SC with it and it gave me routes and everything. Everything was going absolutely great until recently. Now whenever I try to create a route, it says that the route could not be created. This happens with every place I try to go. I was trying to get it to create a route home for me today so I could avoid traffic on the highway, and it kept giving me the error. I left the map on as I drove home, and I noticed a big blue square in the middle of the map, as if there was a hole in the data. Finally, when I was about 1 mile away from my house, I tried it again and this time it did create the route. I should also mention that I tried doing a vicinity search while on the way home, and it did nothing. I hit the button for vicinity search and it waited a few seconds then just went back to the map.

Can anybody help figure out why it isn't creating routes? Are my discs corrupted or something maybe? Any help would be greatly appreciated as with no NAV, this unit is a very expensive CD player. Thanks a lot!

sounds like you have the area blocked out...If i remeber right it is in the route options

No areas blocked out. I thought that too, but they all say "New Area"

Are the discs copies, If so, they don't like heat and don't last long.

Yes, they are copied DVDs. Heat may be the issue since they've been in the unit the whole time.

i had the same issue with the 70. also the vicinity search but when i inserted the secound dvd the east every thing went fine and the data came up. so it seams the data is divided between the 2 dvd coz i was able to do vicintiy search and to be specific on starbucs now i can see all the near ones while it used to make me to map after the search