AVIC411.com

Native features (text and nav) without Android Auto (8100)

I have an 8100 running 1.03, with a Galaxy S5 phone.  Android Auto is up and working nicely.  When Android Auto is connected (via USB), I can use my voice button to enter navigation destinations, send text messages.  The Android Auto interface also displays a popup for new incoming text messages, and can read them.

However, when I'm connected Bluetooth only, I seem to lose some features that I expected I would still have.  With Bluetooth only, I can still dictate/send text messages.  But when I receive a message, I get the notifcation sound, but can't find a way to have the system read them to me.

Also, if I try to use voice and "Naviate to 1 Main Street ..." it uses google maps on my phone.  Is there a way to dictate addresses to the built in nav system?  I've only been able to do it by typing.

Thanks!

Hey aforlano, thanks for the reply.  But I didn't mean Android Auto.   When I use Android Auto (bluetooth and USB) everything works fine.  But I don't really like the android auto interface, so I switched my settings back to bluetooth only (disabled android auto), and I'm seeing how much I can use the native Pioneer system.

I can still create/send text messages.  But the native system doesn't seem to read texts to me, and I expected it would.  Even my older factory system did that.  And when I use voice to "navigate to" it uses google maps.  Can I use voice to control the built in Pioneer maps?