AVIC411.com

Questions regarding AVIC-7000NEX

I've been looking everywhere for the answers to these questions, but no luck. I just installed the 7000NEX, and everything went great, except 2 concerns. Is there anyway to power off the unit? My old regular head unit, just a basic Alpine unit, no screen/navi, was able to be turned off by holding the source button, but the only "Off" button on this unit only turns the audio source off. 

My other question is if there is a way to adjust the highs and lows of each area. I'm wanting to turn down the bass in the front speakers, but turn up the bass in the back with the subwoofer. So far, I can only find an adjustment in the EQ to up the bass for all speakers, or the subwoofer. Is there a way to do this and I'm just completely missing it?

Thanks for the help, I can't find any solutions to this.

There is not a simple ON/OFF button but if you hit the main menu, big button in the middle, you can scroll down to OFF.  Most people probably don't worry about it at all as the stereo will go off when you exit the car.

Regarding the "highs and lows of each area" that is controlled through your Crossover settings.  So in the Audio Settings, Go To Crossover, You then can adjust the setting and slope for both the front, rear and subwoofer outputs.   As you are indicating, this is very important.  If you don't understand this stuff, a good place to start would be to cross your fronts (and rears) at 100Hz (or 125Hz with 12 degree slope and then the subwoofer at 80Hz with 12 degree slope and go from there.  This keeps out the low output in your fronts but keeps out the higher ouputs in your sub.

All of this is in the manual as well and is on videos if you go to the Pioneer site.