AVIC411.com

Weird volume and radio issue with new 4100NEX

Hello,

I recently had a new 4100NEX put in my Nissan and I love it!  However it is doing a couple of weird things:

1.  Whenever I cut the car on and the unit boots up, after I press OK on the disclaimer, it always lowers the volume to damn near mute.

2.  After it lowers the volume on its own, it always changes the field of radio stations on its own! For example, if the station was on FM1, station 3, the unit will automatically switch it to FM2, station 1. or if I'm on Sirius XM, it will automatically change it  from SXM1 station 4 to SXM2 (sometimes SXM3) station 1.

Does anone have any idea why it does that?  And better yet, does anyone know how to make it stop doing that??? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sounds like something is pressing up against the screen, or the bezel is being pressed on to make it think the screen is being pressed....

Being that it's a 4100, remove the front screen and then put it back.... if it was difficult to do then there is your answer... it also might re-seat the connections....

• 4 weeks later...

Sounds like something is pressing up against the screen, or the bezel is being pressed on to make it think the screen is being pressed....

Being that it's a 4100, remove the front screen and then put it back.... if it was difficult to do then there is your answer... it also might re-seat the connections....

I have a similar issue on my 8000NEX. It's hit or miss, but if I touch the Vol + or - button, mostly the + button, the volume keeps going up to the max of 40. I have to randomly press in the bottom area around the volume buttons to try to get it to stop. Also happens with my steering wheel controls at times. HELP!!!

I just installed a 4100 and noticed a similar issue.  On rough roads, the volume would drop very low.  I noticed that if I pressed on the sides of the unit, volume was temporarily restored.  I pulled the unit, unplugged/replugged the wiring/speaker harness, reinstalled unit and the problem went away.  Maybe you have a similar loose connection with the speaker harness?
G