AVIC411.com

ipod nano and avic d-3

you will need to turn on the tv out in your video settings, but if, as i assume, the new nano is like the new "classic", then you can't play videos on your D3. apple made a change to the tv out on the new gen of ipods and apparantly you need to have the ipod docked to an apple branded dock to enable tv out. since the dock connector is how you connect the ipod to the d3, well, basically apple screwed a lot of folks with that move. too bad the usb controller is only compatable with the d3 as an external unit, or i would abandon apple altogether after that one.

so what type of connector do i need??

th nano wont let me tunr the vdeio out put to on???

There isn't one, your screwed, if there were it would have to be released by Pioneer and that is a fat chance at this point. Your better off returning your new nano and buying a previous gen ipod video.

• 2 weeks later...

i just bought the new NANO today. no ipod graphic controls show up on the screen. i get audio though. are you guys getting any graphics on the D3 screen?

EDIT: i'm an idiot. got graphics on screen. don't really care about video functionality, though. i like the design of the new nano much better that the prev-gen.