AVIC411.com

Avic 6200 nex wont turn on without key in ignition

I have the yellow wire connected to the ignition switch line, the red wire connected to constant power wire, and black wire connected to the car's ground wire. The unit will not turn on unless the ignition is switch to ON or if the car is running. If I disconnect the constant power wire then every time I start car the unit will go into setup mode. However, with the battery wire connected the unit go straight into operation every time I start the car. So my question is, how do I get the unit to turn on without needing to turn the car on? My old radio would turn on without needing the car key switching the ignition to AC or on.

I have the yellow wire connected to the ignition switch line, the red wire connected to constant power wire, and black wire connected to the car's ground wire. The unit will not turn on unless the ignition is switch to ON or if the car is running. If I disconnect the constant power wire then every time I start car the unit will go into setup mode. However, with the battery wire connected the unit go straight into operation every time I start the car. So my question is, how do I get the unit to turn on without needing to turn the car on? My old radio would turn on without needing the car key switching the ignition to AC or on.[/quot

From your description it seems you have the yellow and red backwards. Yellow is constant power red should be hooked up to your ignition switch and voilà.....