AVIC411.com

5000nex navigation issue

I just recently purchased and installed a pioneer avic 5000nex navigation system for my civic to replace the older one that came with the car. The issue is whenever I launch navigation and use it I don't get any voice guidance at all. Sometimes it tells me where to turn and sometimes its off but no indication when to turn or anything. Anyone with this model experience this? if so how did you fix it if at all? 

Also once in a while i get a brake cable kind of error during pressing my break is normal?

I'd say loose wire or wire that is not connected right for the brake issue

look at setting for the voice options, see if it's in Verbose (the most talkative) or not

Checked the settings its set to verbose but no indication of any turn by turn navigation guidance 

Checked the settings its set to verbose but no indication of any turn by turn navigation guidance 

Go to Pioneers site and get the manual, see if it is supposed to ... might be that old of a system (ok so it's 3 generations old) might not be as verbose as you'd like...  8)

My 8100 is talkative, but not as much as my old Kenwood 990HD , that thing talked too much sometimes...