AVIC411.com

Can you do any configuration on Google Maps with Android Auto

Just installed a new 8100nex and am not overly happy with the map setup on the Avic itself so will probably be running Google maps when needed. I do not see anywhere that you can configure the maps like  dark/light, etc. Is there nothing you can configure?

Rich

Nope, you can add the Traffic so that you see the streets better.  I don't like it for normal maps, it's too washed out.  I use the built in for that, and Google Maps for routes.... it's easyer to talk to it to do that... 

I tested and both seem to route you the same, so if you have the time to type your destination in the builtin nav, then go for it...

Thanks very much. Well let's hope that somehow android can improve that. I don't forsee pioneer changing the built in maps. I might need to play with it more to see if there are avic settings that give me a better view. My old z3 seemed to do a better job.

it's too washed out

I thought the same and played around with the brightness and contrast settings and it's much better - without compromising the AVIC display itself... I think contrast could still be better, but it's much improved and I have to say that I think route management is much better with Google than Pioneer