AVIC411.com

PTT feature with ASWC-1?

I am guessing the answer is no but thought I would check.  The hands free thing on my 8100 works great for text and calls however I have to press button on the Avic screen to use it.

I have not been able to get the button on my steering wheel to activate it either but not sure I am doing the manual programming correctly.  I actually have the cable to run the android app to program the Axxess but my device(s) dont seem to run in host mode.

Thanks

I don't know what the ASWC-1 offers for output to the remote control input (SWC) but according to iDataLink Maestro SW flash program, the following commands are available for the AVIC-8000NEX:

Answer Call 

Attenuation On/Off 

Band 

Display Info or Text 

Hang Up & Reject Call 

Phone Menu 

Preset -

Preset +

Seek - 

Seek +

Source 

Voice or Siri 

Volume - 

Volume +
  • 2 weeks later...

I talked to Axxess and my ASWC-1 was not responding correctly so they had me do a firmware update. Once I did that then the programming worked as I expected it to.

However I just realized in Android mode non of my buttons work as they should. Vol +/-, etc.  They do odd things like change program.  Now in Pioneer mode they work fine.

So I have a message in to Pioneer. Doubting this is going to end well. LOL

From Pioneer. This is stupid !

So much for hands free texting and calling.

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc.

The steering wheel controls will not integrate with the Android Auto application side.

Rocky

Customer Service Representative

I have the Maestro RR

When it was installed, I"m not sure if it just can't do it, or they didn't hook it up right as I can't use the button on the steering wheel , so I just use the button on the screen...

Someday I'll have them open it back up and adjust what ever is not setup right

• 3 weeks later...