AVIC411.com

I'm just wondering what current units will allow display AND interaction with Waze app via the head unit touch screen...can anyone confirm this for me?  I'm using an Android device (Samsung S5).  I did it with AppRadio2 and an iPhone in the past, but haven't had any experience with the newer units and android so hopefully you guys can give me some direction on my next purchase.  If it works, I'm looking at the 4100 or 4200NEX since I have unlimited data and always preferred Waze navigation over the units I had with built in nav, so my thoughts are why spend the extra cost on 7200/8200 and loose police location reporting, etc...!?!?

Thanks in advance,

Matt.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still getting used to how all the options can be used, but I put an AVH-4200NEX in my '02 Civic... I like a lot of what AppRadio does, and a lot of what Android Auto does. It is a lot of fiddling to get AppRadio going, I have a MiraCast box that I have to mirror the phone to, but it only takes a few minutes... For short trips it would be pointless.  Android Auto is plug-and-go pretty much.

However, the point of this post is to say that I did get Waze running in AppRadio with touch-screen control from the radio, which is what you were looking for.  I have a Motorola X Pure (2015) phone paired to a MiraScreen device on the HDMI port of the radio and I have the phone plugged in via USB to the 4200NEX.  It can be made to work. :)

I have Waze 4.11 and I'm having no luck getting it to work with my AVH-4200NEX in AppRadio mode. When I have my iPhone (iOS v9.3.3) plugged into my head unit and start up the Apps feature I can see the icon for Waze on my head unit but when I click on it all I get is a blank screen. I did a Google search and apparently there was a setting in Waze to "Control Waze from car unit" but that setting seems to have disappeared in 4.11. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can fix my issues with getting Waze to work with my 4200 in AppRadio mode. 

Thanks!
Bill