AVIC411.com

Time-off relay for diesel truck

Does anyone have recommendation for a Time-off relay to use with my NEX? On a diesel you need to turn to accessory power to warm-up the glow plugs. The NEX starts to Boot. Then after 10-15 sec when I go to start the truck the NEX momentarily loses power and reboots again. I need to figure out how to maintain power to the NEX so it only goes through one boot. Anyone solved this already?

If you don't typically use your NEX when your truck is not running, an easier solution may be to find and connect to a circuit that remains energized while the key is in both RUN and START positions. Better yet would be a circuit that's hot in all positions other than OFF, but such as circuit is highly uncommon in modern vehicles.  So the downside is your NEX won't boot or stay on in the ACC position.  If you want to power the NEX in the ACC position and not run the truck, install a SPDT switch, common terminal wired to NEX "ON" lead and the other two each to the new and old circuit.  NEX may reboot when you flip the switch and it is already powered up.  I've not wired a unit like this so I do not know how "sensitive" it is.